All employers need to ensure that any employee that is required to drive for that company is accredited and entitled to drive.
A visual driving license check annually is not enough. Things can transform very quickly and Licence Check App details should be verified with DVLA at least two times a year.
An review of over 12, 1000 drivers’ licenses conducted via Descartes SmartLicence, recognized 2. 5% of drivers had an expired licence or were perilously near dropping their licence with 9 or more points. In total 3000 offences were discovered in the trial.
Facts about your driving Licence Check App status
- Please know that it generally takes about a month for the driving licence to be delivered to you from the time you have applied for it. So, being patient is the key here.
- Having said that, the Government of India and all RTOs are constantly coming up with ways to expertise the process and are allow you to check for your DL status online on their portal.
- Before applying for a driving licence, you should have a Learner’s Licence (LL). Without LL, you will not be allowed to apply for a DL irrespective of how well you drive or how old you are.
- Driving licence issued in India, like any other international DL. comes with an expiry date. On or before the expiry date, you should renew your DL. You will have to follow the DL renewal process to get an updated DL.
- If your DL is torn, damaged, or lost, you can go ahead and apply for a duplicate DL. You will be able to apply for a duplicate DL online.
- The International Driving Licence issued in India is accepted almost in all the countries in the world. So, if you are planning for an international trip, apply for it a month in advance.
According to research conducted with a leading insurer almost 9 out 10 road users would not tell their boss should they received points on their driving licence. Thus how would you know?
SmartLicence is a thorough online tool for companies to handle driving licences of their employees and validate the licence details with the DVLA. SmartLicence allows organisations to examine the risk of accredited motorists and conduct regular checks with the DVLA relative to that risk. SmartLicence supplies a historical log of inspections and any changes to the licence details showing to the authorities that your organization have systems and processes in location to ensure staff are qualified to drive. Much like Smartanalysis data is secure, managed in accordance with ISO27001, backed up and available wherever you have internet access.
Are you entitled to drive for work? Of course, possessing a valid UK driving license is the #1 requirement if you have to drive for work. Yet , for some employers, the number of points you have can become a deal breaker.
Now, as a driver, you could supply your employer with the necessary details totally by hand. For employers and employees alike, this is often an absolute problem. Alas, it’s a necessary part of the onboarding process for people who drive for work.
If you’d like to delete cookies or advise your web browser to delete or refuse snacks, please visit the help pages of your web browser.
Please note, yet , that if you erase cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use each of the features we offer, you might not exactly be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not show properly.