If you need an auto electrical repair this means that for some reason your vehicle’s wiring is causing a problem. Auto electricians can repair all your vehicle’s electrical faults, as well as install new lights, audio systems and any 4WD extras that need to be hardwired into your vehicle.
During an auto electrical repair your auto electrician will use all their experience to quickly locate and diagnose any electrical faults, repairing them just as quickly. They require a specific set of tools that ensure that they can diagnose the increasing complexity of electrical faults in today’s cars. With the rapid rise in auto technology, auto electricians are a vital participant in keeping your vehicle safely on the road.
You might be surprised to realise that you need an auto electrician to fix your central locking system if it stops working, as well as your car’s alarm system, SRS airbags, and even your car’s fuel pump. Some auto shops offer both mechanical repairs, as well as auto electrical repairs, but many don’t – so it pays to make sure before you make your booking. Find out here, Automotive repair shop valley stream NY 11580
At EverythingAutoNY, we can perform most auto electrical tasks, including the following:
- Ignition systems
- Electronic fuel injector systems
- Brakes and ABS
- Gauges, instruments and dashboard problems
- SRS and airbag systems
- Electronic fuel pumps, steering and alternators
- Starter motors and batteries
- Fuel pumps
If you want radios, lights, rear view cameras or alarms installed or fixed however, it’s best to go to an auto electrician who specializes in these jobs.
If the brakes feel spongy when the light is lit, it’s safer to pull over and have your car towed to your mechanic, otherwise you can probably drive to yourself to your mechanic. If luck is on your side, it’s just a faulty sensor switch, but if you are out of luck, it could be the first sign of a big problem. Keeping an eye open for any indications that there might be problems with your brakes is not only good for your safety, but it’s also good for your hip pocket!
So if you want to avoid costly brake repairs on your vehicle, here are three signs that you need to recognize and have checked by your mechanic.
- Pulling to one side: If your car tends to pull to one side when you depress the brake pedal, it’s likely that there is a problem with one or other of your front brakes. You might not notice it until you hit the brakes suddenly, but if it does occur, then your vehicle needs to be booked in for brake repairs as quickly as possible.
- Noisy brakes: Grinding, squealing or scraping noises when you depress the brakes means that either your brake pads need to be replaced or that they are so worn that they are starting to wear the rotors or discs. At this point, you need to call your mechanic and book in for brake repairs, hoping that it’s just the brake pads and not anything worse.
- Spongy brakes: When your brakes feel spongy or you need a lot more pressure to engage your brakes than normal, the hydraulic brake fluid could be leaking. This is a big safety problem because, without the pressurized hydraulic fluid, your brakes won’t work. Don’t waste any time thinking about it, just book your car in with your local mechanic ASAP.
It’s always best to check with your auto shop and find out whether they have the experience to deal with your auto electrical repairs or whether you are better going to an auto electrician. In the instances when you have both mechanical and electrical problems, if your mechanic can’t fix your electrical problems, then they usually have someone they can call on quickly to perform the electrical repairs in their shop, so you don’t have to go to two different people.